Keep your senses stimulated. Science says we have five senses. Intuition is the sixth sense. When your five senses are sharp, your sixth sense will be even sharper, and you will rely on this sixth sense your entire lifetime.
One of my favorite sayings that I learned in Chiropractic college was, “trust your Innate”. The book, Gut Feelings: The Intelligence of the Unconscious by Gerd Gigerenzer, backs up this mantra. Researchers found that athletes and business people who trusted their gut feeling performed better and got better results. Your sixth sense, your Innate Intelligence, your gut will take care of you.
Keep your senses stimulated by spending time in nature. Notice every small detail, from the sounds of the wind and water to the colors on the leaves and flowers. Keep your senses sharp.
Throughout your day, be conscious and connect with every activity that you do:
- Really smell and taste your food. Take bites with 30 second chewing in between to fully experience the flavors and texture.
- Feel the cool leather of the easy chair underneath your skin. Feel your chair wrap around your body and nurture your body through your sense of touch and feeling,
- Listen to your environment. Really listen to the background noise in addition to the direct communication that is coming your way from the people in your life.
- Stimulate your emotion through music. Make music a more important part of your environment.
- Use fragrances to enhance your environment. Burn candles, diffuse essential oils, potpourri, or cook with different spices.
- Feel your partner and let them feel you with both your sense of touch and your heart. You will heighten your sense of feeling on every level when you truly connect this way. Sex is an exciting way to stimulate all your senses. How about that for an exciting 100 years!
When your five senses are fresh and on top of their game, your sixth sense will thrive.
Remember, it is vital to take care of your spine and nervous system in order to keep your senses alive and optimized. With proper nerve function, awareness and healthy senses, you will learn to trust your Innate, and you will follow your instincts toward your ideal 100 Year Lifestyle. At this stage in your life, your experience, combined with a heightening of your senses, will lead you down the right path into a sensational century to come.