Yields: 4 Servings
Total Time: 35 Minutes
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2-pound red snapper fillets
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Add extra virgin olive oil to a skillet and sauté red onion for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in garlic and sauté for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Add in chopped tomatoes and cover the skillet; simmer for about 5 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
Stir in coconut milk and place fish in the oil and drizzle with lemon and lime juice.
Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and top with green and red bell peppers, and scallions.
Cover the skillet and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
To serve, garnish with cilantro.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 597; Total Fat: 31.4 g; Carbs: 16.9 g; Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g; Sugars: 8.6 g; Protein: 63.5 g; Cholesterol: 107 mg; Sodium: 386 mg