Total Time: 35 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 6 (750g) chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 green chilies, sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 small pineapple, diced
- 2 cucumbers, halved
- 2 carrots, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- Fresh lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a food processor, process together lime leaves, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, turmeric, and half of the chili until finely chopped.
Add in coconut milk, sea salt, and pepper and process until smooth; transfer to a large bowl and add in the chicken.
Toss until well coated and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
In a small bowl, stir together all the dressing ingredients until well blended. Refrigerate until chilled.
Preheat the barbecue grill and grill the chicken for about 6 minutes per side or until cooked through and golden browned on the outside. Transfer to a plate and keep warm by covering with a foil.
Add the sliced cucumber, carrots, cabbage, pineapple, coriander, and mint in serving bowls. Drizzle with the dressing and top each serving with grilled chicken.
Garnish with chili and lemon wedges and serve with the remaining chilled Tahini dressing.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 537; Total Fat: 32.2 g; Carbs: 23.3 g; Dietary Fiber: 5.5 g; Sugar: 9.9 g; Protein: 41.9 g; Cholesterol: 111 mg; Sodium: 205 mg