Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds lean steak, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup and 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 bulbs fennel, shaved
Make chimichurri: In a medium bowl, combine orange zest, oregano, and garlic. Mix in vinegar, orange juice, and parsley, and then slowly whisk in ¼ cup of olive oil until emulsified. Season with sea salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper; heat the remaining olive oil in a large skillet and cook steak over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
Toss steak, arugula, and fennel in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Serve steak salad with chimichurri.
Nutritional Information per Serving:
Calories: 453; Total Fat: 23.5 g; Carbs: 6 g; Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g; Sugars: 0.9 g; Protein: 53.1 g; Cholesterol: 152 mg; Sodium: 262 mg